[TechAssist] Re: Sears model 14250, chassis MC-83A, need headphone jack

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:14:15 -0400

Kevin, do you have a picture of it? It's hard to know what exactly to
look for without a picture. I don't have my junk box boards labelled for
model/ chassis. If you don't have a digital camera, a half decent web
cam can take pictures probably good enough to see it, or maybe a scanner
could do it as well.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Kevin wrote:

> This is a Sears set made by Sanyo in Japan.  I need to replace the
> headphone, audio and video jack assembly.  I have contacted Sears and
> Sanyo here in Canada and both of them can?t help me.  Sears can only
> sell me the whole chassis for $208!  Sanyo has no record of this set.
> Does anyone have a junker chassis for this 4 year old 20? set?  Or some
> other way to get the part?  Thanks.
>
> Kevin Wilks
> Kevin's TV & Video Repair
> Penticton BC Canada