[TechAssist] Re: Sears PTV, No picture but has sound.

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:06:34 -0600

Matt,

That set was made by Philips (Magnavox).  You didn't say how old the set
is, but try disconnecting the HV lead to the CRT's.  Start with the blue
tube.  Have found many of them cracked.  You could measure resistance
from the 2nd anode to ground with the lead disconnected.  Should be
infinite.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 07:04:45 -0800 (PST) MATT SHERER
<skoalman61821@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Sears
> Model: 626.54808490
> Chasis: PTV610
> Unit has sound but no picture.  This is another set
> that a shop has looked at and then sent to me to fix.
> They replaced the focus block and did not help.  When
> disconnect FBT from focus block, HV comes back up.
> Possible bad block I guess.  Anyone have a print for
> this set?
>
> Matt Sherer
> Champaign, IL

> SUBJECT field to the address above.