[TechAssist] Sceptre 17" Monitor, Model # M993 - No Pix; No Hi Voltage; orange LED blinking.

  • From: "roger kuemper" <ramcom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:31:06 -0600

Hello everyone: monitor has no FCC #; unit has no picture, black screen,no
hi-volt,
  LED blinking orange; I have no schematic, and checked obvious, HOT and
related components check good. Found a diode that was open and cannot
cross-over; does anyone know what this diode is (91A), #on pcb is D813.
My NTE cross says (91A) is a transistor.  But this is a diode. Monitor was Mfg.
in April, 1999.
The only other # is PN: D97A. Front of monitor says "Dragon Eye".  I changed
D813 with a 1000piv 1A diode and
LED stays green now, but still no hi-voltage. Any help or tips would be much
appreciated.
TIA.   I am suspecting the flyback is bad, but checks OK. What am I missing?
Roger
Ramcom Electronics
Humboldt, Sask.
Canada