[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo DS31580--Looks like open filter

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:26:41 -0400

Tom,
From Tech Repair CD:
Replace R106 27k-1/2w

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
fax...717-564-4952
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 10:54 AM
Subject: [TechAssist] Sanyo DS31580--Looks like open filter

Hello fellow techs,
                             Customer complains of white band across the
picture, got it on the bench and seems to work fine except
for 2 small lines moving up the screen, these lines are about as thin as 1 scan
line and are separated by 2/3 of the screen. If we
unplug the set from the isolation transformer and plug it into a non isolated
outlet, the picture becomes very distorted with 2
large wide bands of distorted picture move up the screen and sound has a load
hum, looks like open filter. I replaced main filter
cap and few others that were marginal, replaced tuner isolation box, checked
the ps diodes for leakage, maybe one of the ps diodes
is leaking under load? What gets me is the fact that the isolation transformer
makes it almost go away, so I am thinking some sort
of grounding issue. It uses a STR30130 regulator and if you very the voltage to
the set picture is rock steady. I do not have a
schematic and sams does not cross, help, I am Stumped.
Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville
North Carolina 28771