[TechAssist] Sanyo DS31580 - blows fuses

  • From: "John @ Myers TV" <myerstv@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech-assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:18:11 -0400

Hi all,

yesterday, I rana a call on this one. The main fuse was blown, so I replaced
it with a 4A normal bnlo, same as I took out. When we powered up the set,
the fuse filament glowed red for an instant, but the set worked.

I left, after telling the customer that I was going to investigate further.
Well, sure enough, he called last evening, that it was out again.

Does anyone know if Sanyo has upped the rating on the main fuse to a 5A, or
a 4A Slo Blo?

I figure I'm looking at a part failure in the set, but what the heck;
doesn't hurt to ask.

John Myers
Myers TV Service Co.    Since 1984
Alliance, OH