[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo AVM3258G with strange problem on tuner input only

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:09:55 -0500

Bob, this is a shot in the dark but I just had a DS31580 with exactly
the same symptoms and it turned out to be R106 27K 1/4 watt the value
had gone up to like 125K. It`s also in a very hard to see spot, in front
of regulator IC UNDER R401 a 2 watt resistor, if your set has it, it
will be the only "100" series part in the area, all parts around R106
were"400" series parts, I hope this helps, Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428
Gemini Computer & TV wrote:

> I have a Sanyo AVM3258G that has a weird problem(s) only on the tuner input.
> The A/V input is perfect. I am not a Sanyo ASC so I almost never see them
> thus my request for assistance. The TV will either have all snow, sync
> problems like a bad Mitsubishi PIP board causes, detuning or AFT hunting,
> motorboating, or even shortly it will be okay but the pattern keeps
> repeating at relatively short intervals. I did have the service manual from
> another N.E.W. contract repair for the same model so I checked all power
> supply, scan derived and regulated voltages throughout the set and all are
> good. I had preordered the tuner back in early November prior going to the
> customer's home but it has been on backorder all this time. Well I went
> there today to install it but the symptoms were still identical so it wasn't
> the tuner. I am suspecting the jungle IC (LA76170) but didn't have one on
> the truck (nor do I have one here at the shop), so I pulled the set here
> into the shop. I am order the Sanyo OEM part from Tritronics who has it in
> stock but I wanted to toss it out here in case any of you have seen this
> before and save me a headache if the jungle IC is not at fault.
>
> Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
> Master Technician License #9109
> Service Manager
> Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms