[TechAssist] Sanyo AVM1904, Intermittent Horizontal Lines, FIX

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:26:20 -0500

This set gave me some real problems.  I post this to maybe save someone
the headache I now have.

The lines on the screen, when present, looked like interference
lines--quite pronounced.  Not like retrace.

Tap on the tuner, good pix returned, but not always.  I pulled the tuner,
a BAM0010, and resoldered it.  There were some questionable places,
especially on the ground plane.  Problem remained.  Pulled it and
resoldered again.  No joy.  Found a junk chassis with a broken board and
good tuner.  Put that one in.  Problem still there.

Finally found the problem, although I have never seen it before.  Cracked
connections on the vertical output, IC451, LA7837.  Of course I have seen
many hundreds of cracked connections on a vertical o/p, but have never
seen it cause interferrence type lines over the whole screen.

Hope this helps some of you...

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice), 850-932-0819 (fax)