[TechAssist] Re: Sansui COM7200 tv/vcr Kevin &George

  • From: "George" <grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:29:28 -0700

Paul,

I use a piece of wire to loop through the FBT core and while ringing out of
circuit short the ends, if the ringing drops dramatically the coil is most
likely ok. If it has little or no effect the coil is bad. However you still
should do the drive test to verify that the diodes are good (Sencore tech
tip #117 as an example). Somebody mentioned on another post that some good
Sony FBT tested lower than the Sencore reference charts. Tip was promoting
the Sencore VA62. You can use any suitable driver source.

George
Afana Electronics
Moreno Valley, CA
grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx