[TechAssist] Samsung tv model# TXH 2556 chassis# KCT57A

  • From: "Barry Appleby" <burintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 08:48:52 -0330

 Hi Guys . This one came in with the HOT shorted . I replaced it and the tv
played for about 10 hrs with everything looking good but all of a sudden I
noticed the picture flash and an arking sound so I turned it off   . I
turnedit back on after hooking up the scope and it has played for about
another 5 hrs or so with no problems whatsoever . I shouldn't have turned it
off  but it wasn't connected to the issolation transformer and couldn't hook
the scope to it .   The HOT wasn't even getting warm and it's collector
pulseis good with a B+ of 129.8v , 1119 volts peak tp peak and frequency of
15,734 . It's delta time is 11.8us with a good symmetrical pulse shape and
looks clean , no ringing . Before I replaced the HOT I did a ringer load
testand  ran the set with the TVA92 and all measurements looked good . I
knowthe HOT is being taken out by something but what I don't know . This one
has a FTH29001 flyback and I did notice the yoke has a higher than normal
buzzing sound but no signs of arking when I removed it . I looked in wins
tips but nothing on that model for a HOT failure . If anyone  has
encounteredthe same problem or has a tip or suggestion on this one I would
appreciate it ? Thanks Barry .
Barry Appleby      Burin Tv Repair ,              Burin Nf    [709]891-2356
.   burintv@xxxxxxxxxxx[1]

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:burintv@xxxxxxxxxxx
   2 'http://g.msn.com/1HM301601/10'