[TechAssist] Re: Samsung Camcorder SCL500

  • From: Danny Huynh <ptg_ltd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:19:39 -0500 (EST)

I have the manual let me know if you need it i can upload to member area
J Silverman <greentron@xxxxxxx> wrote:Dont have any Samsung camcorder service
manuals. If one comes in we first
try to cross it to one of the Canon or RCA models whose manuals we have. If
that is no go we see if someone on one of the lists we are on has it. Should
not be too difficult to tell if the backlight converter is the problem. You
can see the small ferrite transformer and look for DC voltages and
oscillation around it. If no DC, it could be lost in the ribbon cable or the
door hinge switch. One time we saw a cracked ferrite core in pieces, but we
were never able to get that as a replacement part.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609