[TechAssist] Re: Sams 806-4 for Singer TV6-U

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:14:22 +0000

Possible would need to check; there are several online sellers of old sams'
my curent collections (from current ownership) starts at about 700. (except
for a few items ie sams phonograph collection #1 from 1948--phographs and
phono-wirerecorder combos including car phonographs all 78's) I asked My
father who started the collection of older stuff, he rembers fixing a lot of
these sets.  They are identcal to the Panasonics of the period but the real
trick to these sets is to replace all of the funny colored caps-- The red
ones and the funny green ones. They are high temprature high failure caps.
At the time we were doing Panasonic warrany that also covered these units.
So it is possible that we would have a schematic under Singer, Panasonic,
and Sams but I am at home now so don't have the abilty to look into the
archives to see what is still there.

Peter Oliver
for
Jim Oliver

Tucson Radio & Televison Service CO
Tucson AZ
Since 1946

From: John Mielke <maintv2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tech assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Sams 806-4 for Singer TV6-U
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 11:56:14 -0600

Does anyone have Sams 806-4 or manual for Singer TV6-U B-W TV from 1968
they would loan or sell?  If so, please email me with price and address.
   Thanks.
--
John Mielke
Main TV