[TechAssist] Re: STK4273

  • From: "teltek2" <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:42:14 -0500

Ken...
Your memory is correct. This one uses a STK4273...and after about a i/2 hour
the blue Vert would start to drift. After about an hour, could not be
brought back. This is my own set, and decided today was the day I was going
to tackle it. When it started to drift just moving the IC while it was still
mounted would shift the blue. Noticed it had no heat sink compound between
IC and heat sink. So I resoldered it securely and put some "dope" between
them...has now worked all afternoon.
So you're right this one would change with temperature. So the old brain is
still working for you...;-)

Thanks..

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics