[TechAssist] SONY Projection TV Model: KL-37W1U - need a scan or some tips

  • From: Eric Manuel <tvman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:20:05 -0230

Hi posting for another tech .I will paste his message below and his
email address if you want to help him  Thanks  Eric
hilst watching a film, the sound went "pop" in the background, followed by
a crackling as if it was shorting. Client says apart from that the Lamp was
replaced 2 years ago.

At switch-on, I hear a relay switching activity followed by the "standby
LED" flashing and the "A" & "B" LED just flashes from "A" to "B", no EHT.

There is what looked like a spark suppressor (circuit reference: G100) & is
marked "Siemens 800 96 0". G100 is flashing brightly with sizzling sound.
What exactly is happening here? It is located next to resistor, RI102 (10M
Ohms).

There is one huge component on this board that I would also like to
identify. It has "EUC100L/00 Lamp Driver" Sony part code is 1-473-545-11
What exactly does this thing do?

A Service Manual would be a blessing here.

Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,Wee K Chew
   wee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--