[TechAssist] Re: SONY KV-32V36 DEAD.

  • From: "D Panday" <dpanday@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:00:28 -0500

Harry,

In addition to what you replaced,
few other parts goes defective on this unit:
a. C608
b. C611 and C612
c. T603
d. R622, if damaged VDR601 is defective.

I troubleshoot this power supply as a stand alone unit.
Using a 40w light bulb on the B+ line and power up with variable
transformer slowly from zero VAC.
At 36VAC, the supply should be 135 B+ , which remain stable as you
turn the AC up to 120VAC on the Transformer.
Look at the waveform at the emitter of Q601 (53KHz) for any noise or
ripples.

I had a defective T603 once that created your similar symptom.
Check for cold solder joints on the actual pin where the wire from the
transformer solder on to the pins.
At one time the PCB was cheaper to replace than repair in Canada.

Hope it helps' and if you need a copy of the schematic pdf, drop
me an email address.

Panday