[TechAssist] Re: SONY KV32S40 SCC-S08A-A *PINCUSHION*

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 10:34:27 -0500

Kevin,
I would also suspect C511 and IC501. I am going to send you privately a PDF
document on the pincushion circuit for this set since I cannot send it to
the list as an attachment. See the following also:

SYMPTOMS

Unit has severe over scan of horizontal sweep. Tech replaced Q512 Shorted
and Q511 open all elements.

RESOLUTION

Measuring the collector of Q512 tech finds the voltage running in excess
of -7 volts. The voltage on this transistor in inconsistent with the symptom
on the screen of a narrow raster that is hourglass shaped. L511 and Q512 are
burning up. Suggest the  tech replace the following additional components
D502, D503, D504, C511, and C513.

See E17958715 on reason L511 is overheating.
If there is no input to Q511 then L511 will heat up. Make sure IC501/pins 5
& 6 have proper waveforms. See  attachments.

IC501/pin 5 .5v, 20us
IC501/pin 6 .5v, 5ms
IC501/pin 7 .5v, 5ms

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28