[TechAssist] Re: SCAM ALERT !

  • From: "art bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:52:04 -0400

I just got the same thing regarding my Earthlink credit card info. The =
email
said my card was rejected and gave a link to update everything. Although =
it
looked just like the Earthlink update screen, it's address did not begin
with https: and the ending of the url was .kr. Also, they wanted =
everything
including the kitchen sink, drivers license number etc.

I called into earthlink to notify them and they seemed to already know =
it
was going on.

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV