[TechAssist] Round about solution to Sony KV27TS29 AA-1 (SCC-F84C-A) Dead

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:25:30 +0000

This is rather a round about solution to a few threads I've posted. The
custormer didn't want to fix the TS29 so they left it. So Fixed and
Installed the Chassis from a KV27V55 and installed which from a sales
pespective has more features....(chassis were very simmilar) The CRT from
the V55 went into a KV27S22 that had a shattered CRT when it was new (same
Tube & yoke). (the KV27V55 had the front case shattered with the common
power supply faults so the Chassis was a sub 30 min fix compaired to several
more hours for the TS29 chassis).

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: Jeff Dougherty <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27TS29 AA-1 (SCC-F84C-A) Dead
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:46:49 -0400

Peter,
You may wish to check these:
SONY\KV27TS29\NO POWER\\\\C609*C610*C611*C612(0.22) AND Q601-Q602 Horiz
OUTPUT; R644(6.81-4W)\\\\\\\\
--
Jeff

Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
Fax: 717 564  495 2
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:53:28 +0000, Peter oliver,
 oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sony
KV27TS29
Chassis SCC-F85C-A  (AA-1)
Dead.

                      Unusual problem with set, customer did not say but I
seriously suspect that it is the victum of lightining (have had proababbly
at least a dozen other sets this week that were). the HOT, and the chopper
transistors test ok. Have found IC610 shorted (~12ohm) input to output it is
a 78L05 (on the soft start). Replaced it and now have regulated 5v on that
line. IC602 appears to be regulating (there is 5v on the output. Q603 does
not have any voltage on the collector but test out of circuit, D607 test ok
I think it is a Skottkey so reads low forward... but still not even a
blinking sleep light. Any ideas, Anyone find had this scenererio before or
would my surge hypothesis be the most plasusable? I have a Chassis from a
KV27V55 that appears to be almost identical with the exception of being more
elabroate (has S-VHS) that only needs to have the common power supply faults
(HOT, Choppers ..)  fixed that I am Highly tempted to repair and put in if a
solution is not easily obtainable.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com.

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org
http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org

Try MSN Messenger 6.0 with integrated webcam functionality!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_webcam

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org