[TechAssist] Repost: T/A Apex GT2011J, Chassis CH10C3(s)..Dead

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:47:50 -0400

I received the schematics from three different people..thank you..
Unfortunately, even in PDF, these things are hard to follow.
This set is dead...Only voltages I find are 152vdc on C of HOT. and 9.6 in
primary of SMPS transformer. No
voltages on secondary.
Also, no 5vdc standby can be found.
I can not find a HOT on this unit. I find two large transistors on heat sinks,
neither of which measure
shorted out of circuit.
2SD2102 is the one with the Coll going to IHVT, but I think this is a
Darlington transistor.
2SD4423 is the other one on primary of SMPS transformer with 152 v on COLL.
I checked all part on the primary and find nothing shorted. I tried to place a
light bulb in place of fuse
and Coll of the transformer on power supply and still dead.
Can anyone who has worked on these give me a boost in the right direction?
Thank you.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St