[TechAssist] Recall notice for Sony optical pickups

  • From: ACME Enterprises <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:42:06 -0400

It has come to our attention that some of the Sony replacement optical
pickups we have shipped during the last 10 days are refurbished units
instead of new product.

This was brought to our attention by a customer, and, upon inspecting
our existing stock, we found that certain pickups which had been sold to
us by a major US supplier were in fact "factory reconditioned" units.

Specifically, some of the ACME-3569 (KHS-400B) and ACME-3573
(KHM-270AAA) pickups are not new units.  If you believe that you have
received any of these refurbished items from us, please contact us
immediately for return instructions.  You may call us toll-free at
1-800-575-9833, or if you prefer you may fill out the "Contact us" form
on our Web site, http://www.acme-sales.net

I would like to emphasize that it has always been our policy to *never*
sell refurbished or used items.  Our reputation, and the confidence our
customers have in us and our products, is worth far more than the few
dollars we could save by dealing in this sort of merchandise.

As of today, we are implementing more stringent levels of quality
control and product inspection.  This will apply not only to the optical
pickups we distribute, but to every product we carry.

I sincerely apologize for this error.

Regards,

Glen Goodwin
ACME Enterprises of Orlando