[TechAssist] Re: ROWENTA MH-540 --- RD501 elec toothbrush question

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:22:31 -0400

In the U.S., for safety reasons, the chargers for electric toothbrushes must
be induction or thermal chargers. Thus there are no exposed electrical
contacts on charger or brush. The brush end was sealed and the battery was
not considered replaceable. Now the law requires that the battery must be
readily removable for disposal and recycling. I am not sure what the law is
in regard to this matter in your country, but it sounds as if the
manufacturer did not intend for the battery to be replaced. If so, you may
not be able to get it out without damaging the housing. If the manufacturer
has a Web site, they may have some instructions with regard to battery
replacement.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave