[TechAssist] Re: READ Panasonic B+ OK Now

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:27:21 -0600

Keith,
Here's a problem I had with a AEDC224 chassis, don't know if it will be of
any help to you or not. TV came in with shorted HOT, replaced and tried at
reduced AC voltage, set came on, but smoke came from yoke, replaced yoke, TV
now worked, but was narrow, and had blue raster and no control functions.
Replaced eeprom IC002 and this brought everything back, but still had narrow
picture. Found leaky transister Q753 that was causing narrow picture.
Replaced with ECG377 to solve. I don't know if the HOT was getting hot or
not, so may not be same problem, but something to check if these chassis are
close.
                                                Dan Webster
                                                Webster's TV
                                                Shullsburg, Wi.