[TechAssist] Re: RCA proscan 36". ctc169 blows hot.

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 11:19:51 -0400

I had a PTK169 projo last month came in dead,shorted HOT,then blew my
OEM RCA HOT every two days after replacing it in shop.They ran cool,too.
I finally replaced all the notorious 'lytics in the PS, all scan caps
and associated diodes.I also replaced the HV splitter but this does not
apply to you.You cannot "check" scan parts, I find.Cannot know if they
arc,intermittantly open,etc.It has been out for weeks now working OK.
Phil Bader

larry wrote:

> Correction, lol
> I replaced the 2sd1885 and also a 39 mf cap.
> also checked the 2 rectifiers and 2 blue caps.
> cr4401,4402 and c4401, 4402.
> Thought I better clean up this first post, before Jeff go to
> it.
> lmao
> Larry
>

> larry wrote:
> >
> > had shorted hot 2sd1885, rplaced with 39 mf at smp .
> > worked fine for 4 hours ran cool.
> > delivered to customer and it blew the hot in 30 seconds.
> > What did I miss?
> > Thank you,
> > Larry
> >
> > --
> > Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
> > 5415 N. Wooster ave.
> > Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
> > 330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY
> > *****************************************************************************
> > The Tech Address Book:
> > http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.html
> > Lost Password:
> > Email Archives:
>
> --
> Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
> 5415 N. Wooster ave.
> Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
> 330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY
> The Tech Address Book:
> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.html

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx