[TechAssist] Re: RCA model#F19430 (ctc156B) set dead

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 00:22:25 -0500

Junior:

We get a lot of those little RCA/Daewoo sets.  I bet your Flyback is bad. We
have seen bad
regulator IC, dead short, will blow new AC fuse instantly. Seen about 30 or
40 of that
fix. Then of course the other common failure on that chassis is bad flyback,
causing dead set. No blown fuses or anything, just dead. Seen probably 60 or
70 of those.

Perry Bower,  (EHEER) Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Repairer
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com
Free Electronic Screensaver:
http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsYSVGC
3850 Washington Road  Suite 4C
Augusta, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  APEX, Curtis Mathes, Fisher,
GE, KEC/KTV,
Konka, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA,
Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Toshiba, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex