[TechAssist] RCA P56938 (PTK195S16P chassis) intermittent excessive brightness

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:17:07 -0400

I have an RCA P56938 (PTK195S16P chassis) with excessive brightness most of
the time but no retrace lines. Chipper Check revealed error code of 136
indicating Y Pr Pb processor fault and Thomson Tech Assist recommended that
I replace the Y Pr Pb board (part# 249116) which was done without any
difference. I now have the chassis (light box) in the shop and have also
replaced the signal IC (ref# U16201 - part# 241266 - LA7612N) which right
after replacement was fine and then within a couple of hours went back to
the excessive brightness again and has remained so. I have tried tapping the
boards, heating, freezing, and resoldering the plugs with no success. It is
the same regardless of any or no input. Not quite sure where to go with this
one so I thought I would ask if anyone has been here before?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms