[TechAssist] Re: RCA P52812BL, PTK195AB PTV. now good pix, audio,white noise only]

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:58:22 -0500

After reading all my email archives on this, I called customer and
suggested unplugging set 5 min and try again.He called back: sound
restored. This is the same type glitch as the CTC203 gets. Corrupted
data.i will search for a possible "upgrade" or fix if it persists.
Phil Bader

Philip Bader wrote:

> This had a vertical roll and severe instability along with a black bar
> across the middle of screen.Customer said in past would intermit. go to
> complete snow and lose pix and sound.(like disconnected from cable or
> antenna)The RF connector was ready to fall off.After the PTK195 tuner
> shield upgrade, soldering all over main board and a T chip replacement
> it ran here about 4 days perfect until delivery.(we took the chassis
> only and used a pair of RCA speakers w/ plug assy).Ran good in
> home.Left. Cust. called us,said after 4 hrs the pix still looks good but
> no sound now.Held phone up to TV.I heard the "white noise" one hears
> when a TV is on without an antenna.
> He has a Time Warner digital cable box. I wonder if this is all. Any
> histories on this symptom in these PTK195's?
> Would like to go prepaired.
> Phil Bader
> --
> Philip Bader
> Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> Fax (863) 299-8821
> email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: