[TechAssist] RCA P52151 ptk169hm

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:50:33 -0500

I am going to try and discribe this problem, never saw it before. From a cold
start the set plays fine, after warmup  some areas of the picture, particularly
the faces when in a close-up scene, will get so bright you can really see all
of there face. The eyes get something like a shadow and will get dark. The rest
of the face gets so bright you can see any detail, however the rest of the
picture is at normal brightness and looks fine. The condition comes and goes as
if you need to have just the right conditions for it to happen. In checking, I
found that the 12VH line drops 1.5v's across R2947 in the Luminance buffer
circuit. Compared to another set which had no loss and I haven't found out why
as of yet. Changed the luma buffer and 200v cap. also subbed the PIP module.
Anyone have any idea?
TIA

Jason
Mouton's Electronics