[TechAssist] RCA Model G35830WK\CTC169JS6 FIXED

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:17:46 -0700

I finally fixed the width problem on this set.After replacing the
fyback,hot,and CR4118,
I found some bad caps in the horiz ckt and replaced them.
I just moved to a new location and misplaced my service manual but I
went tru all boxes
and found the manual. The problem was in the pin ckt(specifically
U4801).Pin 3 should have 4.66v
and it was only at .07v. The culprit was the 4.7v zener CR4805. Replaced
it with a rca
part # 138974 and all is fine now.What a job. Thanks to all who
responded with tips and idea's on this problem.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa GRande, AZ

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!