[TechAssist] Re: RCA Model BD20TF10, Chassis TVD809COMBO, TV/DVD Combo startup problem

  • From: Al Berntsen <busibees@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:18:34 GMT

Hi Art,
Did one with the same symptoms.
It was the Vert. chip.Shorted.
It triggers the protect-shutdown ckt.
I have the factory print on disc if you need it.
Al

Al Berntsen
La Mesa TV Supply Co.
7026 El Cajon Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92115
619-469-4220

-- "Art Bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is the first one of these we've ever seen and we have nothing on it at
all. It's a flat-screen DVD combo, and when you try turning it on, it goes
through three startup attempts (you can hear kind of a click from the power
supply area) and then quits.

Sitting in standby, there is 115V on the collector of the horiz output
transistor, and I spotted two three legged regulator IC's that had the
proper 8 and 9 volts on their output pins.

Does anyone have anything on this one? We'd like to get it out of here.
Thanks, Art

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street