[TechAssist] Re: RCA MM52110JC2 MM102G Chassis Dead set

  • From: "Bob Derrick" <bderrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:59:39 -0400

        Just fixed one like this last week, I've seen several where Q14601 blows
apart.  Also check or replace the neg 12 volt diode. if it is leaky Q14601
will blow up again when ac is applied. last one had a shorted CR14611 or
CR14608[33v supply], and rca subbed Q14601 w/a kit, change a resistor and
delete a cap, had trouble finding the cap so I left it in and the circuit
wouldn't run, found the cap to delete was a smd right off leg of Q14601.
their was also a shorted smd transistor I don't remember the # as I am not
at work.
Bob
employed by: Leader tv, Rochester, NY