[TechAssist] RCA M# F35673MB CH# CTC187CL3

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:48:41 -0600

Techs,

This set had a bad flyback and shorted HOT originally, there was
discoloration around the HOT on the board, so presumed HOT had been running
hot, replaced flyback, HOT, H. Driver Transformer, caps C4306, C4407, and
diode CR4403.Resistors R4110, R4126, R4305 that were stressed (discolored ),
also replaced resistor R4402 in HOT circuit. Checked all voltage supplies
and they are all real close. Set now operates fine, HOT runs cool, but on
pictures that have writing on the screen or writing scrolling along bottom,
the letters are bent or kinked, you can also notice a slight kink or bend in
vertical straight edges, like doorways,etc.This problem looks like a
capacitor problem, but I haven't run into this problem before, I checked
tech-assist tips and found nothing that seemed close to this problem. Anyone
seen this before or have a solution?

                                         Dan Webster
                                         Webster's TV
                                         Shullsburg, Wi.