[TechAssist] RCA (GE) CTC185AA3 chassis, model# 25GT239

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:53:25 -0400

Would anyone happen to have a set of the EEPROM parameter settings for this
set? I was repairing a broken RF connector and I had the misfortune of
having the antenna casing contact the hot ground and do some real bad things
to this set such as making it dead and arcing down the neck of the CRT which
opened the CRT filaments. When it died, it took out U4102, R4104, CR4110,
U1902, R1908, and the CRT of course. After replacing these parts and getting
the set running, I have extremely poor tuning (very, very snowy) and found
Q7303 and Q7404 shorted so I replaced them as well as Q7402, U7301, and
U7401. I still have the same condition. My 33 volt and 9 volt supplies are
good and I can not find any more shorts. So now I am into this set and the
customer is anxious. I would appreciate any help!

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms