[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC203CH3YX6 (F32645)

  • From: "Jeff Farnsworth" <jlfonz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 11:00:06 -0500

I've had a couple in the last couple of weeks that squeal intermittantly
from the SMPS.  The first one I replaced all kinds of caps and the
transformer just to have it keep acting up.  The second one (knowing I never
got to the bottom of the first) I shoved a couple of swab sticks between the
windings and the outer core and it didn't act up again (while I was there
for another 20 minutes)  It wouldn't last a minute before that, without
whining.
TV Doctor (part time)
Avalon, Wi.