[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC203AD5, Audio with no HV

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:27:38 -0600

Matt:

I have seen these sets with bad connections on the Horizontal drive
transformer.  The wax that is in the transformer case dripped onto the
leads.  The connections looked good.  Remove the transformer, its cap, and
check it.  This actually caused the HOT to short, but the customer had an
intermittant no start prior to this failure.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310