[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC203AA5

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:05:19 -0800 (PST)

Well, ED; the first thing you are going to find is
a lot of bad solder.
I have had a couple where the supply diodes in the
24v and 200v lines were completely burned up.
I haven't seen many bad parts yet, just bad solder.
Actually, haven't seen many of these chassis, and
we sell RCA.
By the way, On ANY of these that have cooling fans,
The fans HAVE to run for the set to start.
Got that from Tech Line Indy, before they quit
talking to us.
HTH
Walter
--- Tel-Tek Electronics <teltek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First CTC203 for me guys.
> Dead set....I realize this can be everything up
> to and including not plugged
> in, but I don't even know where to start on this.
> Only thing I got from
> customer was used to be intermittent start up,
> and once he thought he had
> the set turned off, but thought the screen was
> lighter then it should be
> when it's off, which might have retained partial
> HV. All I got.
>
> -Ed-
> teltek@xxxxxxxxxxx
> TEL-TEK ELECTRONICS.