[TA-A] Re: RCA CTC178 Series Chassis

  • From: James Daly <surveysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:51:02 -0600

On the new splitter there should have been a small red lead. Make sure it's not
touching anything. In the 169 this was used as a shut down or HV protect. If
not check those caps. by Horz. Out and diode. I repaired one of these 3 months
ago and only needed Splitter and Focus block. My first thought is that the
screen controls might be too high. I also had one shut down because of arcing
of lead in splitter. It bent over when installing and make sure leads clicked
in place.James Daly
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 23:11:36 -0500> From: noetvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
> techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [TA-A] Re: RCA CTC178 Series Chassis> >
> Are you talking about acking?.> ----- Original Message -----> From: Les Potts
> <pottslj@xxxxxxxxxxx>> To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sat, 26 Jan 2008
> 17:03:45 -0500 (EST)> Subject: [TA-A] RCA CTC178 Series Chassis> > Hello, > I
> am new to the forum so be patient please.> > I am repairing an old RCA
> ProScan 60" Chassis # CTC 178.> > The initial problem was a defective High
> Voltage Splitter> and Defective Focus Block.> > I have replaced both, now the
> guns try to fire three times> and then it shuts down.> > I have the service
> manual for this model but it is vague,> and doesn't contain any TS help for
> the HV section.> > > > Has anyone else already run into this problem on one
> of> these?> > Any Suggestions welcome.> > > > Thanks in advance> > Les> > > >
> > >
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
>  Remove: Send a blank email to techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with remove
> as subject.> Set Vacation
> mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=set%20techassist%20vacation> Lost
> Password: http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".> Email
> Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/> > >
>  Remove: Send a blank email to techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with remove
> as subject.> Set Vacation
> mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=set%20techassist%20vacation> Lost
> Password: http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".> Email
> Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".