[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC169L2, Model F26071ES - No vertical

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:07:48 -0500

You can chase your tail forever on this vertical problem and never find the
cause without a schematic......or a little help. Check the FLYBACK for an
open winding, pins 2 and 3, this winding is in the vertical circuit and you
should have continuity from the vertical yoke, through pin 2 and 3 of the
flyback, to and through pins 1 and 6 of the horiz drive transformer T4301 to
the anode of SCR501 (4501) in the vertical output circuit. If this path is
open.....no vertical deflection.
Problem could also be SCR4501 or ic U4501 or any of the components in that
circuit as well.
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronic Services Co.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815