[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC169JS6 F35731MB DEAD FIXED

  • From: "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:17:34 -0500

Found it, may be one of a kind problem but thought I`d pass it on to
everyone anyway, Found the voltage on R4314 (39 Ohm 1/2 watt)dropping
when I put the voltmeter on the end that goes to pin 5 of the H. Drive
Transformer, If I moved the meter to the other side of the resistor it
would hold steady at 12.66 volts??? The "bad" side of that resistor had
wax all over it, removing the wax showed that the joint was broken,
removed the wax and re-soldered the connection and set runs normally,
the menu is also NOT shifted to the left anymore. Hope this helps
someone else out there, Larry E

--
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics