[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC169, 31", flyback tested good but was bad

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:29:02 -0500

You know it's funny how shops see different problems. I don't think I have
ever had a bad Flyback on a CTC169, and rarely on the CTC177 or CTC187
although we work on them all the time. I might have had a arching one or two
but never causing a dead set with no other symptom. Now, on the CTC197 or
the CTC195, or CTC203 they are bad many times. Do you all get bad fly's on
the CTC169 or PTK169 and very often? I don't think I even stock one for them
but stock duplicates on all the other RCA chassis.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com