[TechAssist] RCA CTC 169 GM shutdown

  • From: "harry fogarty" <snoopys2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:26:07 -0800

I just got this rca in here.The customer complaint was it would not come
on.when i put it on my bench,it came on right a way.I turned it off for abit
and went to turn it on again it wouldn`t come back on.I had found some bad
solder in the power supply and repaired it.The set then would pulsesate
about three times then would shutdown.I had changed the caps in the
powersupply and now it would imediatly go to shutdown with out pulsesating.I
am hoping that someone had ran into this problem before tat could give me
some hints what to look for.The customer lives on one of the islands up here
and is going back there tomorrow and would like to take it back with
them.All the help would be appreciated.

Harry Fogarty
Prince Rupert Repairs
Prince Rupert B.C.
Canada

Submit A Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
For automatic password retrieval 24 hours a day, go to: