[TechAssist] RCA Blue gun burnt

  • From: "mark brock" <brock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:30:41 -0800

Model  P46100tn  CTC169BN  1990 model,  my personal set,  blue gun would
intermittently turn up or down,  noticed it most on the black and white
Andy Griffith show,  then made a pop and now have a burnt spot on the blue
gun,  I've never been in it since a lightning strike several years ago,
question is what causes the blue gun to burn  a stripe up and down about 5
inches,  looks light a lightning bolt,  I think I have another gun but dont
want to put it in and find a bad neck board or something and then burn the
new one,   resoldered the CRT board, the  R's on it are OK and  no fluid
leak that I can see,  is this a common thing when these guns short ?  the
blue is still working, sometimes its over driven with retrace and you can
still turn the screen up or down to compensate,     is it  the gun or do I
need to check further,  plan on resoldering the tuner, and replacing cr4118
while I'm in there,  also noticed it takes a few minutes to brighten up so
maybe the 4.7/250 cap as well.  appreciate any advise,
brock
Brock Electronics
R.R.4 box 237
Independence Ks. 67301