[TechAssist] RCA 32GT720 chassis CTC203CF3 no power blows Q14401

  • From: Mike Barnett <passthecash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:14:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys,  RCA chassis # CTC203CF3 Set blows main fuse and Q14401. I changed
Q14401 and the two small transistors in curcuit(Q14402/pt#147665 and Q14403
pt#232218) I checked the horizonal curcuit but found nothing to be bad.
Changed HOT anyway and checked all diodes in both curcuits. None are bad.
Cant seem to find anything shorted on the board. After carefull inspection i
did notice that the insulator of q14401 is very thin and seemed that in
removal of the original device i may have comprimised the insulator. i put a
new one on and changed q14401 again and checked it carefuly. plugged the set
in  blows again both q14401 and the main fuse. Does anyone have any info on
this chassis? Please help.

TIA

Mike

Get It Fixed At
Rochester Electronics
630 West Ridge Rd.
Rochester, NY 14615
716.663.6870
www.RochesterElectronicsRepair.com

Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com