[TechAssist] Re: RCA 27" TV Model#F27242 Chassis# ctc203ad9 picture shrin...

  • From: Svatek227@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, trustnhim5@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 03:14:34 EDT

Max,
Go into service mode and adjust the height (size) or replace the EEPROM but
be sure to access the tuner alignment menu and copy down all the levels on each
parameter so alignment doesn't take so long. I have the CD for the CTC203
Series any questions just email me also there is a service bulletin for
repeated
failure of Q14101
if your serial # is before 948xxxxxx look at pin 9 of T14101 the eyelet
breaks away from the trace so run a jumper of appropriate size  from pin 9 of
T14101 to a part on the trace away from the eyelet

Joe Svatek
Owner
Svatek's Electronics
227 Marten St.
Neenah,WI 54956-2520
Phone: (920) 751-8937
Fax :    (920) 751-3727
email:    Svatek227@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 8/4/2003 10:55:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
trustnhim5@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Picture is about a 1/4 of the screen. Has good video and sound. I've
> changed the vert. IC and caps. in the vert. circuit. Resoldered the coil off
> of the
> HOT and resoldered about everything. Has anyone had any bad TDA8172? Nothing
> I do changes any thing. It does have Gemstar could it be causing this type
> of problem? Can you remove the Gemstar and bypass it? Any ideas would be
> greatly appreciated.
> TIA
> Max
> Max Bailes Jr