[TechAssist] Re: Quasar TVCR model VV2706

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:02:44 -0500

That PNP transistor is in the protect circuit and prevents the power from
turning on. That same circuit is used in many models and for some reason
damages that transistor in an unusual way. The voltage is only 12 volts and
the transistor is not critical. Practically any PNP transistor will replace
it. I suggest you replace it and see what happens. I have repaired many of
those with your symptoms just by replacing that transistor. Occasionally
there is additional damage, usually a diode and zener in a group just to the
left of the transistor (looking from the rear). Sometimes there is also
damage in the deck power supply, but then the timer light does not blink.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609