[TechAssist] Quasar PVM2047 TV/VCR combo, no antenna signal, no game signal, bad vcr signal

  • From: "art bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:56:14 -0400

This set can't find any channels during an auto program scan, and
doesn't provide either video or audio when signals are fed into the game
ports on the front of the set. The VCR's signal is very poor, and the
set puts up a blue screen saying the heads need cleaning, which is what
the picture actually does look like. I've substituted the VCR deck with
another unit but everything is exactly the same.

I have a service manual but haven't started fine troubleshooting yet.
Was hoping this might be something commonly seen

Thanks, art

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street