[TechAssist] Re: Proscan PS36625 CTC 197CG

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 10:41:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Phil,  I had a reply from Wayne Vanaman that you may have read. In it he
said that he has replaced the pll ic in the tuner for this symptom. It is a
flat pack U17501 P/N 231529. Is this possibly be the same IC you are referring
to, only with a different location number. Would you happen to have the P/N for
the IC you changed?         Paul
Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:We had a 197 PTV do this and the
surface mounted IC in the tuner area,
under the shiels shorted, causing a 12V run short. Lifting the Vcc pin
allowed it to power on (without tuning).
U17701 ( uhf-vhf-mixer-osc) pin 8 is Vcc.
Phil Bader

Paul wrote:

> This is definitely not my day. This set clicks 4 times and will not start.
> Have changed the IHVT and the cap and resistor that came with it. Have
> changed the HOP xstr. re-soldered L1401 and the driver xmr. Has a couple of
> resistors that have gotten pretty warm. Can't tell for sure there value.They
> are R14159 1w,and R14110 2w. Neither one is open. Was wondering about the
> blue square caps next to the IHVT.Monitoring the collector of the HOP xstr
> has 154V seems a little high. Pulse amplitude only a brief flicker. Paul
>
> Paul ,B Central TV&Video Grover Beach Ca.

> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book:
> http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Lost your Login Info?".

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Professional Technicians Only

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!