[TechAssist] Pioneer SD-P50A5-K, green convergence problem.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:31:35 -0700

A power surge took out Fuse FU106 and killed the set.  Replacing Fuse
FU106 brought the set back to life, but with the green convergence in
the upper left and lower right corners off a large amount (pincushion
problem).  The green convergence in the other corners is off as well but
not as bad.  I tried adjusting the customer convergence (which only
adjusts the blue and red) with no ability to correct the green
pincushion in the corners.

The voltages going to the 2 convergence yokes measured 0.045 volts DC;
they are marked on the board as red and green (the third tube has no
convergence yoke).  I don't have much experience with measuring the
convergence yoke voltages, but 0.045 seems wrong to me.

Does this sound like a circuit problem, or do I just need to access the
service menu?  Does anyone have the service manual for this set or a
similar one that shows how to access the service menu?  Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx