[TechAssist] Philips fix and help

  • From: "mark brock" <brock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:05:14 -0800

First and formost I am not proud of this fix but got me out of a bind and
may be will help someone else,    re:  not original parts,

MOdel 50P8341  Chassis PTV915,  new set
dead,

hot shorted,  Q7802 = BU4515AF  not avail from dist that I could find,
research shows it to be very close to 1885 which is what I used,   Philips
number is 934055093127
           by all means use original if you can, they should be out very
soon if not already

Damper shorted,  D6806 = BY228PH   Philips part number 934055950112

after these replaced if pincushion problems  replaced  Q7552 amp with SK9232
= ECG332 =
  and resistor R3452 for pin amp,  Brown, green, gold gold,  1.5 ohm I
guess,  2 watt.
               ( anyone with a print ?  would like verification that its not
a .15 )

Now I need to adjust the pin coushion a little and converge,  will get the
remote from customer,  mine would not work it and there are no controls on
front to access menu to converge,     can someone explain how to adjust the
pincushion ?    Its not far off but far enough to need a little tweak,
there is a slight black line on the left and right sides but not bad and
convergence is out of whack,
   brock
Brock Electronics
R.R.4 box 237