[TechAssist] Re: Philips TV Mod. 27PT6442 CHas. L04.1U AA, Noise lines, interference

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:40:42 -0500

I have found freeze spray works on smaller components . If a symptom
takes longer to happen, and longer to cool down,I find it's usually a
heavier, bulkier part with more "thermal mass"  (a rock Vs a pebble).
Suspect a flyback, large PS capacitor,etc. I lean towards a fly. I've
found a few in these chassis bad. Not dead short bad, just flakey.
Sometimes theinternak  G2 circuit is unstable and causes shutdown,etc.
Phil Bader

peggs wrote:

>isn't this the chassis with the H. drive Transistor that goes bad.
>7404 a SM FET.
>look to see if the traces on 7404 are 'stressed' or discolored
>
>Peggs
>
>At 08:48 PM 3/14/05, Wally Heise wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Philips Mod. 27PT6442,  Chassis L04.1U AA
>>
>>Symptom: Came in dead, (AC line fuse barely melted);  now have squiggly
>>noise lines running across the middle 4-6 inches of the crt, (horizontally).
>>These lines will disappear after 5-10 minutes of operation.  The video is
>>OK, just moving back & forth.  I have tried freeze spray to make it act up
>>again, no help, it generally shows up after TV has been powered down for a
>>few minutes.  I have also moved all cables thinking it was interference,
>>this doesn't seem to help.  Can not find anything that caused the fuse to
>>blow, another 4 amp seems to hold just fine.
>>
>>Anybody seen this or have any ideas?  Is this Force 32 download that is
>>being discussed, free to repair shops?
>>
>>Thanks for any assistance.
>>
>>Wally Heise
>>South Isle Repair
>>Isle, Mn.
>>sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx

>>This Email List is Public. Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
>>Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login Problems?".
>>Email Archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
>>

>--
>This message has been scanned by the OMU Online postini filter.

>This Email List is Public. Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx