[TechAssist] Philips Projection Model 55P8341A. PTV915. Dead, slight chirpping noise from back, then shutdown. (Shorted 7802 HOT)

  • From: "Robinson Electronics" <RobinsonElectronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:31:11 -0500

Can anyone help me with this? Not familiar with this chassis/ or model?
It had a slight chirp noise when powered on, no pix or sound, "red pwr
light" comes on while it chirps, but then turns off.
I found the (HOT - 7802  BU5415AF "shorted" and a resistor 3805 "open").
Still checking on other components. The flyback seems to check ok.
I have heard of the "SSB" board causing a varity of problems with some
models, but I don't think it blows out the HOT.
Has anyone encountered this before or maybe can help?    Thanks a lot.
David.

Robinson Electronics
1075 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803
Ph./Fax. 828  274-3787
Toll Free. 866-899-3787
www.robinsonelectronics.com
www.robelect.com
Mailto: RobinsonElectronics@xxxxxxxxxxx

be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, click:
mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe%20chat