[TechAssist] Re: Philips / Magnavox TS2744C103 Chassis # 27B8 No Video, noOSD, Sound is OK.

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:40:32 +0000

Check The CRT board There is occasion when A resitor burns out it is usually
visiable if examined closely that can throw the CRT bias off on these and
since their is a feed back to the chassis it can interrelate some problems.
I had a B800 chassis (virtually the same animal as yours) that had eratic
screen control that had a burned out 1/8w ~2K resistor  (I think) on the
lower right side of the crt board (componet side) it fed the driver chips on
the crt board.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Philips / Magnavox  TS2744C103  Chassis # 27B8  No
Video, no OSD, Sound is OK.
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:09:07 -0700

Lynn,
Thanks for your response.
I have removed EEPROM (No change).
I grounded pin # 6 of EEPROM.(No change).
I replaced EEPROM 2 times.(No change).
CRT, and Yoke are OK.

Regards,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics          " It's such a pretty world
93 North Main                                          today !....
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           Look at the Sunshine. "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822                               :-)
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx